Friday 9 January 2015

New year resolutions!


New Year resolution is a commitment that an individual makes to a personal goal, project, or the reforming of a habit. This lifestyle change is generally interpreted as advantageous. A New Year's Resolution is generally a goal someone sets out to accomplish in the coming year.


Read this funny poem 
New Year's Resolutions by Bruce Lansky


Last year I did some rotten things.
This year I will be better.

Here are some resolutions
I will follow to the letter:
I won't make dumb excuses
when my homework isn't done;
when the truth is that I did no work
'cause I was having fun.
I won't fly paper airplanes
when the teacher isn't looking.
I won't sneak in the kitchen
just to taste what they are cooking.
I will not twist the silverware
to see how far it bends.
I will not take the candy bars
from lunch bags of my friends.
I will not skateboard down the hall
or skateboard down the stairs.
I won't run over teachers,
and I won't crash into chairs.
I will not do these rotten things;
my heart is full of sorrow.
But I have got some brand-new tricks
to try in school tomorrow.

What's for sure, if you manage to keep these promises, it will make you feel better about yourself.
Therefore, start listing your resolutions for this new year!
Let's try!!    

No comments:

Post a Comment